Daily Vocab 6th Sep 2017 for upcoming bank and other competitive exams
Hello dear aspirants, Here is the vocabulary list for the upcoming bank and other competitive exams. Do study it on daily basis and enhance your vocabulary skills.
1. Exchequer (Noun): A royal or national treasury (राजकोष)
Synonyms: Fund, Repository, Reserve, Treasury, Vault
Antonyms: Debts, Indebtedness, Liabilities
Example: There’s nothing left in the exchequer this month.
2. Bankrupt (Noun): A person judged by a court to be insolvent, whose property is taken and disposed of for the benefit of their creditors (दिवालिया)
Synonyms: Destitute, Exhausted, Failed, Insolvent, Lost, Ruined
Antonyms: Rich, Solvent, Successful, Wealthy
Example: Even though the woman was bankrupt, she still shopped as if she had plenty of money.
Related Word: Bankruptcy (Noun): The state of being bankrupt
3. Prospective (Adjective): Likely to happen at a future date (भावी)
Synonyms: Coming, Eventual, Expected, Likely, Proposed
Antonyms: Agreed, Former, Now, Retrospective
Example: Prospective measures must be taken to make sure that future investments do not fail like the current ones.
Related word: Prospect (Noun): The possibility or likelihood of some future event occurring
4. Overhaul (Verb): Take apart a piece of machinery in order to examine it and repair it if necessary.(जीर्णोद्धार करना)
Synonyms: Fix, Improve, Rebuild, Recondition, Repair, Revamp
Antonyms: Break, Damage, Destroy, Hurt, Injure
Example: Clean and repair the forcing-houses, and overhaul the heating apparatus to see it is in good working condition.
Verb Forms: Overhaul, Overhauled, Overhauled
5. Consistently (Adverb): In every case or on every occasion; invariably (अनुरूपता से)
Synonyms: Constantly, Normally, Persistently, Regularly, Routinely, Steadily
Antonyms: Intermittently, Occasionally, Periodically, Sometimes, Sporadically
Example: You have been consistently late for the office for a week.
Related Word: Consistent (Adjective): Acting or done in the same way over time
6. Distress (Noun): Extreme anxiety or pain (संकट)
Synonyms: Anguish, Concern, Discomfort, Misery, Pang
Antonyms: Aid, Comfort, Calmness, Contentment, Euphoria, Pleasure
Example: When the boat caught on fire, the captain issued a distress call.
7. Prerogative (Noun): Privilege exclusive to a particular individual or class (विशेषाधिकार)
Synonyms: Authority, Choice, Immunity, Liberty, Perquisite
Antonyms: Duty, Disadvantage, Drawback, Obligation
Example: The princess felt it was her prerogative to always walk in front of everyone else.
8. Modalities (Noun): A particular mode in which something exists or is experienced or expressed (प्रकार)
Synonyms: Form, Manner, Method, Process, Procedure, Style, Technique
Antonyms: Invisibility, Invisibleness
Example: Amrita has had so much success with her teaching modalities that other teachers often ask her about the process.
Related Word: Modal (Adjective): Relating to mode or form as opposed to substance
9. Contingencies (Noun): A provision for a possible event or circumstance (आकस्मिक प्रावधान)
Synonyms: Emergency, Eventuality, Crisis, Predicament, Uncertainty
Antonyms: Advantage, Certainty, Definiteness, Plan, Surety
Example: We got our documents together and prepared for any contingency the bank might try and use to deny our loan.
Related Word: Contingent (Adjective): Subject to chance
10. Synergies (Noun): The interaction or cooperation of two or more organizations (सहयोग)
Synonyms: Alliance, Harmony, Union, Unity, Teaming
Antonyms: Discord, Divorce, Separation
Example: The synergy between the two firms has created a giant company that now controls the industry.