ExamDOT Tyari Selection Ki..
Daily Vocab 5th Sep 2017 for upcoming bank and other competitive exams
Hello dear aspirants, Here is the vocabulary list for the upcoming bank and other competitive exams. Do study it on daily basis and enhance your vocabulary skills.
1. Vibrant (Adjective): Full of energy and life (जीवंत)
Synonyms: Animated, Energetic, Lively, Vital, Vivid, Zesty
Antonyms: Apathetic, Colourless, Dull, Dispirited, Lifeless
Example: With a vibrant burst of vigour, the marathon runner shot to the finish line and claimed the prize.
2. Overcome (Verb): Succeed in dealing with a problem or difficulty (काबू में कर लेना)
Synonyms: Conquered, Defeated, Overthrown, Run over, Swamped
Antonyms: Unconquered, Unsurpassed
Example: Jenny had to overcome her fear of blood when she decided to become a nurse.
Verb Forms: Overcome, Overcame, Overcome
3. Warmth (Noun): Enthusiasm, affection, or kindness (गर्मजोशी)
Synonyms: Fervour, Passion, Glow, Hospitality, Zeal
Antonyms: Apathy, Coolness, Dislike, Indifference
Example: Memory of their first meeting brought warmth to her cheeks.
Related Words: Warm (Adjective): At a fairly high temperature
Warm (Noun): A hot place or area
4. Persecution (Noun): Persistent annoyance or harassment (अत्याचार)
Synonyms: Ill-treatment, Infliction, Oppression, Torture
Antonyms: Happiness, Help, Joy, Stimulation, Succour
Example: Many people flee their countries to escape persecution.
Related Words: Persecute (Verb): Harass or annoy someone persistently
5. Indelible (Adjective): Making marks that cannot be removed (अमिट)
Synonyms: Inerasable, Lasting, Memorable, Permanent, Rememberable
Antonyms: Destructible, Erasable, Impermanent
Example: After the kindness he has shown to our family during this difficult time, he will always have anindelible place in all our hearts.
6. Quest (Noun): A long or arduous search for something (खोज/तलाश)
Synonyms: Delving, Hunt, Journey, Probe, Pursuit, Search, Seek
Antonyms: Bolt, Dodge, Escape, Retreat
Example: During my quest to be healthier, I will seek assistance from both a nutritionist and a personal trainer.
7. Propel (Verb): Drive or push something forwards (आगे बढ़ना)
Synonyms: Drive, Impel, Move, Push, Thrust
Antonyms: Discourage, Hinder, Hold, Repress, Stop
Example: In order to propel the ministry into commission, the church was accepting monetary donations.
Related Words: Propellant (Noun): A substance that propels something
Propellant (Adjective): Capable of propelling something
8. Avenues (Noun): A way of making progress towards something (रास्ते)
Synonyms: Admittance, Approach, Course, Ingress, Way
Antonyms: Egress, Refusal
Example: They explored every avenue in an attempt to avoid war.
9. Scourge (Noun): A person or thing that causes great trouble or suffering (विपत्ति)
Synonyms: Adversity, Affliction, Difficulty, Distress, Trouble, Woe
Antonyms: Advantage, Blessing, Boon, Delight, Reward
Example: The Odyssey is an epic poem that tells of the trials of Odysseus as he tries to survive one scourgeafter another on his ten-year journey at sea.
10. Affinity (Noun): A natural liking for and understanding of someone or something (लगाव)
Synonyms: Affection, Closeness, Leaning, Rapport, Sympathy
Antonyms: Dislike, Dissimilarity, Hate, Hatred
Example: My natural affinity for the arts has led me to museums located all over the country.