ExamDOT Tyari Selection Ki..
Daily Vocab 3rd September,2017
Hello dear aspirants, Here is the vocabulary list for the upcoming bank and other competitive exams. Do study it on daily basis and enhance your vocabulary skills.
1. Momentous (Adjective): Of great importance or significance (महत्वपूर्ण)
Synonyms: Crucial, Decisive, Historic, Pivotal., Significant
Antonyms: Insignificant, Ordinary, Trivial, Unimportant
Example: The wedding photographer went out of his way to capture all the momentous moments of my wedding day.
2. Fervent (Adjective): Having or displaying a passionate intensity (उत्कट/ तीक्ष्ण)
Synonyms: Ardent, Devout, Earnest, Intense, Passionate
Antonyms: Cold, Dull, Frigid, Indifferent, Unexcited
Example: The hot topic spurred a fervent debate between the two political parties.
Related word: Fervour (Noun): Intense and passionate feeling
3. Endeavour (Noun): An attempt to achieve a goal (प्रयास)
Synonyms: Effort, Exertion, Try-on, Struggle, Venture
Antonyms: Idleness, Inactivity, Laziness, Passivity
Example: The manuscript for the musical was a collaborative endeavour that included two writers, a composer, and a lyricist.
Related word: Endeavour (Verb): Try hard to do or achieve something
4. Hiccups (Noun): A temporary or minor problem or setback (हिचकिचाहट)
Synonyms: Disturbance, Hindrance, Problem, Setback
Antonyms: Keenness, Readiness, Willingness
Example: Although there were some hiccups along the way, the project seemed seamless on the outside.
Related word: Hiccough (Verb): Have an attack of hiccups
5. Ingenious (Adjective): Clever and inventive (प्रवीण)
Synonyms: Creative, Innovative, Inventive, Shrewd, Skillful
Antonyms: Inept, Ignorant, Stupid, Uncreative
Example: His ingenious mind reasoned these images out to his own satisfaction.
Related word: Ingenuity (Noun): The quality of being clever, original, and inventive
6. Churlish (Adjective): Rude in a mean-spirited and surly way (अक्खड़)
Synonyms: Brusque, Cloddish, Grouchy, Rude, Sullen
Antonyms: Nice, Polished, Polite, Refined, Sophisticated
Example: Maria is a very efficient nurse, but her patients find her bedside manner to be churlish and unpleasant.
Related word: Churl (Noun): A rude and mean-spirited person
7. Seamless (Adjective): Smooth and continuous (निर्बाध)
Synonyms: Coherent, Consistent, Flawless, Logical, Smooth
Antonyms: Defective, Faulty, Intermittent, Irregular
Example: Pulling off a seamless event, the new producer was proud of the party’s success.
8. Piquancy (Noun): A pleasantly sharp and appetizing flavour (उत्तेजकता)
Synonyms: Flavouring, Fondness, Relish, Zest
Antonyms: Apathy, Blandness, Disinterest
Example: The production retains its original piquancy.
Related words: Piquant (Adjective): Pleasantly stimulating or exciting to the mind
9. Inevitably (Adverb): As is certain to happen (अनिवार्य रूप से)
Synonyms: Absolutely, Inescapably, Necessarily, Surely
Antonyms: Doubtfully, Indefinitely, Vaguely
Example: You will inevitably have to choose between the two job offers.
Related words: Inevitable (Adjective): Certain to happen
Inevitable (Noun): A situation that is unavoidable
10. Precedent (Noun): An earlier event or action that is regarded as an example (पूर्व उदाहरण / मिसाल)
Synonyms: Antecedent, Criterion, Exemplar, Instance
Antonyms: Change, Conjecture, Guess
Example: The judges had no precedent to review before making their decision on the controversial case.
Related words: Precedence (Noun): The order to be ceremonially observed by people of different rank