ExamDOT Tyari Selection Ki..
Daily Vocab 1st september,2017
Hello dear aspirants, Here is the vocabulary list for the upcoming bank and other competitive exams. Do study it on daily basis and enhance your vocabulary skills.
1. Opportune (Adjective): Convenient time for a particular action or event (समयोचित)
Synonyms: Appropriate, Favourable, Fortuitous, Suitable, Timely
Antonyms: Inappropriate, Inopportune, Unsuitable, Untimely
Example: All day long, the stockbrokers watch their computer screens for the most opportune time to buy and sell stocks.
Related words: Opportunity (Noun): A time or set of circumstances that makes it possible to do something
2. Transformed (Verb): Make a marked change in the form, nature, or appearance of (तब्दील किया)
Synonyms: Alter, Convert, Metamorphose, Mold, Remodel
Antonyms: Hold, Keep, Preserve, Remain
Example: A broad smile transformed his face.
Verb Forms: Transform, Transformed, Transformed
Related word: Transformation (Noun): A marked change in form, nature, or appearance
3. Discretionary (Adjective): Available for use at the discretion of the user (विवेकाधीन)
Synonyms: Elective, Facultative, Unrestricted
Example: The Parliament and the Members of Parliament have discretionary powers.
Related word: Discretion (Noun): The freedom to decide what should be done in a particular situation
4. Sweeping (Adjective): Wide in range or effect (व्यापक)
Synonyms: Broad, Comprehensive, Exhaustive, Overall, Vast
Antonyms: Exclusive, Narrow, Restricted, Superficial
Example: She entered with a sweeping courtesy
Related word: Sweep (Verb): Move swiftly and smoothly
5. Bedevilled (Verb): Cause great and continual trouble to (सताया हुआ)
Synonyms: Annoy, Beset, Bother, Harass, Irritate
Antonyms: Assist, Delight, Happy, Please
Example: The relative slowness of crowds can bedevil even experienced traders.
Verb Forms: Bedevil Bedevilled, Bedevilled
6. Formalisation (Noun): Explaining something explicitly (औपचारिक)
Synonyms: Clarification, Explanation, Interpretation, Rationalisation
Antonyms: Ambiguity, Vagueness
Example: This situation was changed by the formalisation of the categories as part of the rules.
Related words: Formal (Adjective): Officially sanctioned or recognized
Formality (Noun): The rigid observance of convention
7. Utterly (Adverb): Completely and without qualification; absolutely (सरासर)
Synonyms: Absolutely, Fully, Perfectly, Totally, Wholly
Antonyms: Incompletely, Inadequately, Partially, Partly
Example: She was utterly unable to recall either the name of the story or the book.
Related words: Utter (Adjective): Complete; Absolute.
8. Surged (Verb): Move suddenly and powerfully forward or upward (बढ़ा)
Synonyms: Climb, Grow, Mount, Rise, Stream
Antonyms: Decline, Decrease, Descend, Lessen
Example: Time travels by the surge.
Verb Forms: Surge, Surged, Surged
9. Paradoxically (Adverb): In a seemingly absurd or self-contradictory way (विरोधाभास से)
Synonyms: Abstrusely, Bewilderingly, Circuitously, Excursively, Intricately
Antonyms: Apparently, Clearly, Easily, Plainly, Simply
Example: The singer’s career might have been on the decline, but his online popularity paradoxically grew by a huge percentage.
Related words: Paradoxical (Adjective): Seemingly absurd or self-contradictory
10. Hailed (Verb): To greet something by someone (स्वागत)
Synonyms: Greet, Salute, Whistle for
Antonyms: Disdain, Dishonour, Disparage
Example: The soldiers have been hailed as heroes by the President.
Verb Forms: Hail, Hailed, Hailed