Hello dear aspirants, Here is the vocabulary list for the upcoming bank and other competitive exams. Do study it on daily basis and enhance your vocabulary skills.
1. Exchequer (Noun): A royal or national treasury (राजकोष)
Synonyms: Fund, Repository, Reserve, Treasury, Vault
Antonyms: Debts, Indebtedness, Liabilities
Example: There’s nothing left in the exchequer this month.
2. Bankrupt (Noun): A person judged by a court to be insolvent, whose property is taken and disposed of for the benefit of their creditors (दिवालिया)
Synonyms: Destitute, Exhausted, Failed, Insolvent, Lost, Ruined
Antonyms: Rich, Solvent, Successful, Wealthy
Example: Even though the woman was bankrupt, she still shopped as if she had plenty of money.
Related Word: Bankruptcy (Noun): The state of being bankrupt
3. Prospective (Adjective): Likely to happen at a future date (भावी)
Synonyms: Coming, Eventual, Expected, Likely, Proposed
Antonyms: Agreed, Former, Now, Retrospective
Example: Prospective measures must be taken to make sure that future investments do not fail like the current ones.
Related word: Prospect (Noun): The possibility or likelihood of some future event occurring
4. Overhaul (Verb): Take apart a piece of machinery in order to examine it and repair it if necessary.(जीर्णोद्धार करना)
Synonyms: Fix, Improve, Rebuild, Recondition, Repair, Revamp
Antonyms: Break, Damage, Destroy, Hurt, Injure
Example: Clean and repair the forcing-houses, and overhaul the heating apparatus to see it is in good working condition.
Verb Forms: Overhaul, Overhauled, Overhauled
5. Consistently (Adverb): In every case or on every occasion; invariably (अनुरूपता से)
Synonyms: Constantly, Normally, Persistently, Regularly, Routinely, Steadily
Antonyms: Intermittently, Occasionally, Periodically, Sometimes, Sporadically
Example: You have been consistently late for the office for a week.
Related Word: Consistent (Adjective): Acting or done in the same way over time
6. Distress (Noun): Extreme anxiety or pain (संकट)
Synonyms: Anguish, Concern, Discomfort, Misery, Pang
Antonyms: Aid, Comfort, Calmness, Contentment, Euphoria, Pleasure
Example: When the boat caught on fire, the captain issued a distress call.
7. Prerogative (Noun): Privilege exclusive to a particular individual or class (विशेषाधिकार)
Synonyms: Authority, Choice, Immunity, Liberty, Perquisite
Antonyms: Duty, Disadvantage, Drawback, Obligation
Example: The princess felt it was her prerogative to always walk in front of everyone else.
8. Modalities (Noun): A particular mode in which something exists or is experienced or expressed (प्रकार)
Synonyms: Form, Manner, Method, Process, Procedure, Style, Technique
Antonyms: Invisibility, Invisibleness
Example: Amrita has had so much success with her teaching modalities that other teachers often ask her about the process.
Related Word: Modal (Adjective): Relating to mode or form as opposed to substance
9. Contingencies (Noun): A provision for a possible event or circumstance (आकस्मिक प्रावधान)
Synonyms: Emergency, Eventuality, Crisis, Predicament, Uncertainty
Antonyms: Advantage, Certainty, Definiteness, Plan, Surety
Example: We got our documents together and prepared for any contingency the bank might try and use to deny our loan.
Related Word: Contingent (Adjective): Subject to chance
10. Synergies (Noun): The interaction or cooperation of two or more organizations (सहयोग)
Synonyms: Alliance, Harmony, Union, Unity, Teaming
Antonyms: Discord, Divorce, Separation
Example: The synergy between the two firms has created a giant company that now controls the industry.