Hello dear aspirants, Here is the vocabulary list for the upcoming bank and other competitive exams. Do study it on daily basis and enhance your vocabulary skills.
1. Vibrant (Adjective): Full of energy and life (जीवंत)
Synonyms: Animated, Energetic, Lively, Vital, Vivid, Zesty
Antonyms: Apathetic, Colourless, Dull, Dispirited, Lifeless
Example: With a vibrant burst of vigour, the marathon runner shot to the finish line and claimed the prize.
2. Overcome (Verb): Succeed in dealing with a problem or difficulty (काबू में कर लेना)
Synonyms: Conquered, Defeated, Overthrown, Run over, Swamped
Antonyms: Unconquered, Unsurpassed
Example: Jenny had to overcome her fear of blood when she decided to become a nurse.
Verb Forms: Overcome, Overcame, Overcome
3. Warmth (Noun): Enthusiasm, affection, or kindness (गर्मजोशी)
Synonyms: Fervour, Passion, Glow, Hospitality, Zeal
Antonyms: Apathy, Coolness, Dislike, Indifference
Example: Memory of their first meeting brought warmth to her cheeks.
Related Words: Warm (Adjective): At a fairly high temperature
Warm (Noun): A hot place or area
4. Persecution (Noun): Persistent annoyance or harassment (अत्याचार)
Synonyms: Ill-treatment, Infliction, Oppression, Torture
Antonyms: Happiness, Help, Joy, Stimulation, Succour
Example: Many people flee their countries to escape persecution.
Related Words: Persecute (Verb): Harass or annoy someone persistently
5. Indelible (Adjective): Making marks that cannot be removed (अमिट)
Synonyms: Inerasable, Lasting, Memorable, Permanent, Rememberable
Antonyms: Destructible, Erasable, Impermanent
Example: After the kindness he has shown to our family during this difficult time, he will always have anindelible place in all our hearts.
6. Quest (Noun): A long or arduous search for something (खोज/तलाश)
Synonyms: Delving, Hunt, Journey, Probe, Pursuit, Search, Seek
Antonyms: Bolt, Dodge, Escape, Retreat
Example: During my quest to be healthier, I will seek assistance from both a nutritionist and a personal trainer.
7. Propel (Verb): Drive or push something forwards (आगे बढ़ना)
Synonyms: Drive, Impel, Move, Push, Thrust
Antonyms: Discourage, Hinder, Hold, Repress, Stop
Example: In order to propel the ministry into commission, the church was accepting monetary donations.
Related Words: Propellant (Noun): A substance that propels something
Propellant (Adjective): Capable of propelling something
8. Avenues (Noun): A way of making progress towards something (रास्ते)
Synonyms: Admittance, Approach, Course, Ingress, Way
Antonyms: Egress, Refusal
Example: They explored every avenue in an attempt to avoid war.
9. Scourge (Noun): A person or thing that causes great trouble or suffering (विपत्ति)
Synonyms: Adversity, Affliction, Difficulty, Distress, Trouble, Woe
Antonyms: Advantage, Blessing, Boon, Delight, Reward
Example: The Odyssey is an epic poem that tells of the trials of Odysseus as he tries to survive one scourgeafter another on his ten-year journey at sea.
10. Affinity (Noun): A natural liking for and understanding of someone or something (लगाव)
Synonyms: Affection, Closeness, Leaning, Rapport, Sympathy
Antonyms: Dislike, Dissimilarity, Hate, Hatred
Example: My natural affinity for the arts has led me to museums located all over the country.