Hello dear aspirants, Here is the vocabulary list for the upcoming bank and other competitive exams. Do study it on daily basis and enhance your vocabulary skills.
1. Momentous (Adjective): Of great importance or significance (महत्वपूर्ण)
Synonyms: Crucial, Decisive, Historic, Pivotal., Significant
Antonyms: Insignificant, Ordinary, Trivial, Unimportant
Example: The wedding photographer went out of his way to capture all the momentous moments of my wedding day.
2. Fervent (Adjective): Having or displaying a passionate intensity (उत्कट/ तीक्ष्ण)
Synonyms: Ardent, Devout, Earnest, Intense, Passionate
Antonyms: Cold, Dull, Frigid, Indifferent, Unexcited
Example: The hot topic spurred a fervent debate between the two political parties.
Related word: Fervour (Noun): Intense and passionate feeling
3. Endeavour (Noun): An attempt to achieve a goal (प्रयास)
Synonyms: Effort, Exertion, Try-on, Struggle, Venture
Antonyms: Idleness, Inactivity, Laziness, Passivity
Example: The manuscript for the musical was a collaborative endeavour that included two writers, a composer, and a lyricist.
Related word: Endeavour (Verb): Try hard to do or achieve something
4. Hiccups (Noun): A temporary or minor problem or setback (हिचकिचाहट)
Synonyms: Disturbance, Hindrance, Problem, Setback
Antonyms: Keenness, Readiness, Willingness
Example: Although there were some hiccups along the way, the project seemed seamless on the outside.
Related word: Hiccough (Verb): Have an attack of hiccups
5. Ingenious (Adjective): Clever and inventive (प्रवीण)
Synonyms: Creative, Innovative, Inventive, Shrewd, Skillful
Antonyms: Inept, Ignorant, Stupid, Uncreative
Example: His ingenious mind reasoned these images out to his own satisfaction.
Related word: Ingenuity (Noun): The quality of being clever, original, and inventive
6. Churlish (Adjective): Rude in a mean-spirited and surly way (अक्खड़)
Synonyms: Brusque, Cloddish, Grouchy, Rude, Sullen
Antonyms: Nice, Polished, Polite, Refined, Sophisticated
Example: Maria is a very efficient nurse, but her patients find her bedside manner to be churlish and unpleasant.
Related word: Churl (Noun): A rude and mean-spirited person
7. Seamless (Adjective): Smooth and continuous (निर्बाध)
Synonyms: Coherent, Consistent, Flawless, Logical, Smooth
Antonyms: Defective, Faulty, Intermittent, Irregular
Example: Pulling off a seamless event, the new producer was proud of the party’s success.
8. Piquancy (Noun): A pleasantly sharp and appetizing flavour (उत्तेजकता)
Synonyms: Flavouring, Fondness, Relish, Zest
Antonyms: Apathy, Blandness, Disinterest
Example: The production retains its original piquancy.
Related words: Piquant (Adjective): Pleasantly stimulating or exciting to the mind
9. Inevitably (Adverb): As is certain to happen (अनिवार्य रूप से)
Synonyms: Absolutely, Inescapably, Necessarily, Surely
Antonyms: Doubtfully, Indefinitely, Vaguely
Example: You will inevitably have to choose between the two job offers.
Related words: Inevitable (Adjective): Certain to happen
Inevitable (Noun): A situation that is unavoidable
10. Precedent (Noun): An earlier event or action that is regarded as an example (पूर्व उदाहरण / मिसाल)
Synonyms: Antecedent, Criterion, Exemplar, Instance
Antonyms: Change, Conjecture, Guess
Example: The judges had no precedent to review before making their decision on the controversial case.
Related words: Precedence (Noun): The order to be ceremonially observed by people of different rank