Hello dear aspirants, Here is the vocabulary list for the upcoming bank and other competitive exams. Do study it on daily basis and enhance your vocabulary skills.
1. Intriguing (Adjective): Arousing one’s curiosity or interest(दिलचस्प)
Synonyms: Alluring, Beguiling, Captivating, Enthralling, Fascinating, Interesting
Antonyms: Boring, Unexciting, Unstimulating
Example: The movie looks intriguing so I’m definitely going to see it.
2. Pertinent (Adjective): Relevant or applicable to a particular matter (मुनासिब)
Synonyms: Applicable, Appropriate, Apropos, Pertaining, Proper
Antonyms: Improper, Inappropriate, Irrelevant, Unsuitable
Example: To ensure a prompt reply, please include all pertinent details in your email.
Related word: Pertain (Verb): Be appropriate or related
3.Expeditious (Adjective): Done with speed and efficiency. (शीघ्र / तीव्र)
Synonyms: Instance, Prompt, Quick, Rapid, Swift
Antonyms: Delayed, Lazy, Retarded, Slow
Example: The man was saved because of the doctor’s expeditious diagnosis.
Related word: Expedite (Verb): Make an action happen sooner or be accomplished more quickly
4. Implications (Noun): The action or state of being involved in something. (निहितार्थ /आशय)
Synonyms: Assumption, Connotation, Overtone, Ramification, Significance
Antonyms: Proof, Reality, Truth
Example: When Anita received a gym membership as a gift from her husband, she took it as an implicationshe needed to lose weight.
Related word: Imply (Verb): Suggest (something) as a logical consequence
5. Defraud (Verb): Illegally obtain money from (someone) by deception (छलना)
Synonyms: Deceive, Dupe, Embezzle, Outwit, Pilfer
Antonyms: Be honest, Contribute, Receive, Repay
Example: There was no prison sentence long enough when the employee decided to defraud the company by embezzling money.
Verb Form: Defraud, Defrauded, Defrauded
6. Cavalierly (Adverb): Disdainfully and negligently (अक्खड़तासे/ रूखेपन)
Synonyms: Arrogantly, Contemptuously, Haughtily, Imperiously, Rudely
Antonyms: Civilly, Courteously, Politely, Suavely
Example: Fred sulked while Dean felt guilty for treating the old man’s efforts so cavalierly.
Cavalier (Adjective): Showing a lack of proper concern
7. Oversight (Noun): The action of overseeing something (चूक)
Synonyms: Blunder, Error, Fault, Lapse, Neglect
Antonyms: Accuracy, Care, Correction, Perfection
Example: Because of some inexplicable oversight at the town hall meeting, Rohit was never given a chance to speak.
8. Monstrous (Adjective): Frightening appearance of a monster(विकट)
Synonyms: Diabolical, Frightful, Terrible, Vicious
Antonyms: Acceptable, Little, Magnificent, Reasonable, Small
Example: He concentrated on the monstrous ship.
Related word: Monster (Noun): A large, ugly, and frightening imaginary creature
9. Stride (Noun): A step or stage in progress towards an aim(तरक़्क़ी / छलाँग)
Synonyms: Drill, March, Pace, Parade, Stump
Antonyms: Hinder, Stop
Example: The model adopted a quick stride that showed off her long legs and exuded confidence as she walked the runway.
10. Aversion (Noun): A strong dislike or disinclination. (द्वेष/ विमुखता)
Synonyms: Allergy, Hostility, Indisposition, Loathing, Revulsion
Antonyms: Approval, Care, Like, Rapport
Example: Vegetarians have a strong aversion to eating meat.
Averse (Adjective): Having a strong dislike of or opposition to something.